Projects for a Civil Society is proud to partner with, and provide 501c3fiscal sponsorship for, Communities of Belonging whose mission is to empower marginalized populations to dream, connect and thrive.
Located in Seattle, Washington Communities of Belonging supports formerly homeless and incarcerated individuals with peaceful, holistic reintegration back into society. We build safe, trusting and caring connections along with access to practical, tangible resources so that marginalized individuals feel a sense of belonging, purpose and contribution.
Communities of Belonging successes to date!
- Becoming a Washington State non-profit
- Providing safe, supportive housing for 14 individuals in our Restorative Home
- Gathering with allies of all backgrounds for more than 80 weekly community potlucks and circles!
- Recognizing and valuing a broad community of diverse faiths, races, ages and sexual orientations
- Helping individuals network, find and keep full-time work
- Celebrating birthdays, holidays and special events such as hearing Father Greg Boyle from Homeboy Industries speak at Seattle University
- Enjoying time outdoors at Kubota Gardens, Seward Park, Alki Beach and elsewhere in nature
- Supporting individuals to secure driver’s licenses, birth certificates and photo ID
- Creating vital community partnerships with other organizations
- Speaking at 3 Community Conversations and other forums to build awareness and humanity around incarceration and reentry
- Learning how to share feelings and needs and staying in the conversation, even the tough ones
Please click HERE to learn more and to donate to Communities of Belonging programs!